[ome-devel] Validation Exception

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Mar 9 08:51:10 GMT 2010

Hi Shawn,

in your log first there's this message:

  2010-03-05 10:12:27,181 226142 [2-thread-1] WARN
  ome.formats.enums.IQueryEnumProvider - Enumeration 'Companion/BD'
  does not exist in 'class omero.model.Format' returning 'null'

and then finally:

  2010-03-05 10:12:27,919 226880 [2-thread-1] ERROR
  ome.formats.importer.gui.GuiImporter - EXCEPTION_EVENT
  java.lang.RuntimeException: omero.ValidationException
  serverStackTrace = "ome.conditions.ValidationException: not-null
  property references a null or transient value:
  ome.model.core.OriginalFile.format; nested exception is
  org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a
  null or transient value: ome.model.core.OriginalFile.format

What's happening is that the "Companion/BD" file format does not exist
in your DB. Typically, this should result in a format of "Unknown" and
not throw an exception. I've added:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/1967

to have someone look at this.

You can update the bio-formats jar in the server as well (lib/server),
in which case the new reader should automatically get recognized on startup.

Alternatively, to workaround, you can create the format
in your code via:

     Format format = new FormatI();
     format.setValue(rstring("Companion/BD"));
     sf.getTypesService().createEnumeration(format);

Best wishes,
~J.