[ome-devel] Building Omero

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Feb 10 19:58:43 GMT 2010

Shawn Garbett writes:
 > >>     [exec] scons: *** [omero/API.h] No such file or directory
 > > It looks like "slice2cpp" has not been installed on your
 > > system. What OS is this?
 > > http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/1707 shows how to
 > > workaround on RPM-based systems. (Basically, install the
 > > ice-c++-devel package)
 > >
 > > Best wishes,
 > > ~Josh
 >
 > This got everything working.

Glad to hear it.

 > Now, I'm trying to switch out the bio-formats library used for one
 > with my extensions. I did a find, and got the following:
 > ./lib/repository/bio-formats-r5834.jar

 > Do I need to replace them all???

No, just the last one. :) You can replace
"lib/repository/bio-formats-r5834.jar" with any other version and run
"./build.py clean; ./build.py". If you change the name, though, edit
the value in etc/omero.properties:

$ grep bio-formats etc/omero.properties
versions.bio-formats=r5834

Alternatively, you can user our internal update script:

$ cd lib/repository/
$ ../../components/tools/OmeroImporter/update_bioformats_jars

which will download the latest version from:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/LOCI/

will all requirements and modify the etc/ and .classpath files.

Cheers,
~Josh.