[ome-devel] ScanR Reader

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Aug 13 15:54:17 BST 2010

Hi Rubén,

> However bfconvert seems to keep the signedness upon conversion. This is, the resulting OME.TIFFs are signed 16 bit like the raw data.

That's right.  Reading through this thread from last year:

http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2009-November/001517.html

it looks like you had originally asked to have the the pixel type
recorded as signed 16-bit, even if the raw files contain unsigned 16-bit
data.  Changing that is relatively easy, but I want to make certain that
we are both clear on how the pixel type needs to be recorded.
Basically, we need to make a final decision between these options:

1) The pixel type of the ScanR dataset always matches the pixel type in
each of the TIFF files.

2) The pixel type of the ScanR dataset always has the opposite sign of
the pixel type in each of the TIFF files.

3) The pixel type is always unsigned.

4) The pixel type is always signed.

(1) is my personal preference, and (2) is what we are using now.  If you
could clarify which option is preferable to you, that would be very helpful.

Regards,
-Melissa