[ome-devel] ADF images of BD Pathway Bioimager

Shawn Garbett shawn.p.garbett at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Apr 21 17:23:19 BST 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Melissa Linkert wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Bio-Formats does have support for BD Pathway data, but you will need
> to use a recent trunk build as this format was added after the last
> stable release.  It's important to note that Bio-Formats' BD reader
> currently does not allow you to choose the *.adf files; you must
> choose the 'Experiment.exp' file in order for the dataset to be
> correctly detected.  If it would be useful to you, we can update the
> reader to allow the *.adf files to be selected.

The raw microscopy information is stored in a proprietary file, which is the adf file. BD Pathway has not shared a specification for the adf file, and it is subject to change at the whim of the BD. The Experiment.exp file that is exported from this is a text file in a known format.

Support for the adf file could be added, but it would just use it to locate the experiment.exp file in the same directory.

Shawn Garbett <shawn.p.garbett at vanderbilt.edu>
Vanderbilt Cancer Biology
220 Pierce Ave, PRB 715AA
Nashville, TN 37232