[ome-devel] Blitz sessions

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Nov 11 20:42:16 GMT 2009

Woodbridge, Mark R writes:
 > Hi,

Hi Mark,

 > If I run the following program on the OMERO server machine it takes about half a second:
 >
 > public class Test {
 >         omero.client client = new omero.client(args);
 >         try {
 >             client.createSession().getQueryService().findAllByQuery("select p from Project p", null);
 >         } finally {
 >             client.closeSession();
 >         }
 >     }
 > }
 >
 > But if I run it on another machine on the local network (have tried
 > Windows and Linux) the results are returned almost as fast but the
 > client.closeSessionCall() takes 10 seconds rather than being
 > instant. Am I missing something from my code? Would be very
 > grateful for any pointers...

I don't know of a specific reason that close session should be slower
from another machine, i.e. I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

Can you maybe run the Test with either:

  java -agentlib:hprof=cpu=times Test

or

  java -Xprof Test

(or both) and send the results? Also, how many projects are we talking
about here?

 > Mark.

~J.