[ome-devel] Uploading ICS files into OMERO and OMERO client API questions

Nick Perry nperry at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 25 16:08:40 BST 2009

1. I noticed that I can successfully import .ics files for FLIM data.
However, they can't be visualized within the OMERO server (understandably
since I imagine the algorithm for reconstruction images isn't design for
FLIM data). Now, until FLIM data, which is 7 dimensional, is somehow fit
into the OME-TIF data model (which would likely require a change in the
OME-TIF specification itself), I wonder if the FLIM data can just be stored
on OMERO servers as .ics files? Does the OMERO server do anything to change
these files as it tries to interpret them? Or does it just store it like any
data storage server would? Essentially, if I put the FLIM data which is
incompatible to any sort of function OMERO uses right now into .ics files
and upload them (they upload successfully according to importer) would OMERO
just store them as they are and not tamper with the files in any way? If so,
could I then access these files through API with analysis software acting as
an OMERO client and edit the files themselves on the server?

2. If I have software available that analyzes the specific FLIM data we use,
how long would it take (best guess would do here; I just need some sort of
concept of the scale of this type of project) to interface the OMERO server
with this software via the OMERO API?