[ome-devel] Errors in OMERO ICE TRACE & IcePatch2 Functionality on WinXP

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Aug 21 08:39:33 BST 2009

Andy,

Carl, Andrew F (AS) writes:
 > Appologies for the multiple commented-out sections (lots of
 > experimenting!) Regards, Andy

Understood. Thanks.

...snip...

 >       <!--<server-instance template="IcePatch2"
 > directory="C:\omero_dist\icepatch2\data"/>-->

So, as I understand it from the forum thread, two things aren't
working: first tracing and then IcePatch2.  Does that sound right?

If so, I'd try going back to the regular OMERO installation procedure
and turn on tracing. See if it shows up in the EventViewer. I know the
ZeroC guys suggested running things from the command-line, but then
the configuration really does have to be just right.

As for IcePatch2, perhaps you can explain what you are interested in?
If it's just general curiosity, you may want to start with a
completely OMERO-nonspecific application descriptor. If you are
looking to use this with OMERO, let us know; either it might be
something of value that would benefit everyone, or there might be
another solution.

One way or the other good luck. IceGrid configuration is always
fun. :)

~Josh