[ome-devel] Errors in OMERO ICE TRACE & IcePatch2 Functionality on WinXP

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Thu Aug 20 23:37:34 BST 2009

Hi Andy,

 > 1) OMERO ICE TRACE & IcePatch2 Functionality
 > http://www.zeroc.com/forums/help-center/4507-request-icegrid-icepatch2-demo-example.html

thanks for pointing out the thread. I watch the forums, but didn't
realize this one was from you.

 > caused both the TRACE and IcePatch2 functionality to fail. Since this is
 > the standard method for the OMERO deployment, any progress has been
 > painfully non-existant, until I received your supplied example demo.

The cause *may* be the way in which OMERO is registered as a service
when using "bin/omero admin start", but I regularly use the
"Trace.Activator" on Windows to debug, so there are probably several
things going on.

 > I am unclear as to why it should make any difference between being
 > deployed as a service or from the command-line interface. Please advise
 > if this is a "ICE" issue, or an "OMERO" issue.

Without seeing your modified configuration files, it's hard to know,
but the major difference between deploying from the command-line and
as a service is that the service is started from a separate Windows
account (unless you took steps to change that). This has bitten me any
number of times.

Hope that helps,
~Josh.