[ome-devel] Errors in OMERO ICE TRACE & IcePatch2 Functionality on WinXP

Carl, Andrew F (AS) a.carl at ngc.com
Thu Aug 20 23:11:40 BST 2009

1)	OMERO ICE TRACE & IcePatch2 Functionality
http://www.zeroc.com/forums/help-center/4507-request-icegrid-icepatch2-d
emo-example.html
The Latest Twist

Benoit,

Using the supplied example provided by you as a guide, I adapted the
OMERO ICE deployment descriptor to perform as advertised (by Zeroc), as
long as the IceGrid invocation and IceGridAdmin deployment were both
performed from the command-line.

The identicle configuration and deployment when invoked as a service,
caused both the TRACE and IcePatch2 functionality to fail. Since this is
the standard method for the OMERO deployment, any progress has been
painfully non-existant, until I received your supplied example demo.

I am unclear as to why it should make any difference between being
deployed as a service or from the command-line interface. Please advise
if this is a "ICE" issue, or an "OMERO" issue.

Thanks,
Andy

2)	OMERO Python Server Trace Functionality
http://www.zeroc.com/forums/help-center/4504-problem-w-icegrid-icepatch2
.html
Hi,

It looks like stdout/stderr redirection to files (using the
Ice.StdOut/Ice.StdErr properties) does indeed not work properly on
Windows for python applications. For some reasons the python process
seems to hang when these options are specified. We're investigating this
issue.

In the meantime, as I recommended on the other thread, it's best if you
don't set IceGrid.Node.Output when you using python servers. The
stderr/stdout of the servers should go to the IceGrid node stderr/stdout
instead.

Cheers,
Benoit.