[ome-devel] Changes to the OME-XML schema - deletion of legacy objects.

Andrew Patterson ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 15:27:31 BST 2009

Hello,

We are planning to remove the following items from the OME-XML and OME-
TIFF specifications with the next major release - currently scheduled
for September 2009.

Thumbnail
DisplayOptions
RedChannel
GreenChannel
BlueChannel
Projection
Region

* Thumbnail: This stored the thumbnail used by the original OME Server
in it's web interface. In the new servers these are generated as needed.

* DisplayOptions, RedChannel, GreenChannel, BlueChannel, GreyChannel
and Projection: These stored the rendering setting used by the
original OME Server and are no longer required.

* Region (called Feature in 2003/FC): Use the expanded ROI model
instead.

These represent items that existed in the legacy 2003 (FC) schema that
was designed for the original OME server. They have been supported in
the five releases since then but plan to be removed in the next release.

For further information on the existing and past schemas see:
Legacy: http://www.openmicroscopy.org/XMLschemas/
Current: http://www.openmicroscopy.org/Schemas/

If this is a concern to anyone please contact me on or off list.

Thanks for your continued involvement,

Andrew

----
Andrew Patterson
Software Developer, Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression
University of Dundee