[ome-devel] questions about the well index

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:49:42 BST 2009

Dear Josh!

>  > If you use the well_index to get the same well samples for an entire
>  > plate, do you take care when there is a sample missing in a well. Say
>  > well A1 has four samples but the acquisition in well A2 had problems
>  > and only produced 2 samples, which are e.g the first and the last, the
>  > second and third are missing.
>
> It's possible to add nulls to the list if that is what you mean.

That probably works.

>  > How about adding another container (WellSampleSet) that holds a
>  > collection of well samples of one acquisition and this would have the
>  > well index field. In addition this would make it easier for us to
>  > store analysis results that are averaged over all samples in a well.
>  > These could be saved as a WellSampleSet annotation.
>
> Isn't that what ScreenAcquisition *-> ScreenAcquisitionWellSampleLink
> <-* WellSample gets you? It doesn't have a defaultSample value field,
> which we can discuss, but for the moment you could store that
> information as an annotation on the ScreenAcquisition itself.

Not really, the ScreenAcquisition is a container for all well samples
and thus all wells. What I'm looking for is an object that is the
collection of all well samples acquired in *one* well during one
ScreenAcquistion. One would have n of these containers if n is the
number of wells measured in the ScreenAcquisition.
If you think this is useful, it would be nice to consider adding this
kind of container.

Otherwise, for the well result annotation I would like to store, I
think it's possible to link the result annotation to a well and to a
ScreenAcquisition, this would allow to select the results per well and
acquisition.

Thanks again! Bernhard