[ome-devel] OMERO-Beta4: Updates

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sat Apr 25 17:44:00 BST 2009

Dear All-

Thanks for all the feedback and discussion on lists.  This is hugely
helpful for us-- we love the feedback, no matter how critical.

We've spent a few days digesting alot of the feedback, both on the
list and from the Comment and Bug logging functionality on the OMERO
clients.  We know that the Beta4 release hasn't been the easiest.  We
very much appreciate your patience, persistence, and even endurance.

Our weekly OME Conf Call focussed on these issues.  The agenda and
notes are up:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2009/2009-04-24-omero-conference-call

Scroll to the bottom to see the conclusions.

Most importantly perhaps, we'll do one more 4.0 patch-- 4.0.2, on
Monday.  This will fix a few bugs in OMERO.insight, and the very
annoying Delete bug in OMERO.server.  We know that doing another OMERO
install might be up there on your to-do list with, uh, getting your
molars pulled, but hopefully the patch will smooth things.  Yes, this
will be the last one in the 4.0 series.  Note also, for our future
releases, easy clicky installers will return.

As always, thanks for your support, help, patience, and suggestions.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street