[ome-devel] openmicroscopy.org.uk DNS problems

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Apr 14 09:44:09 BST 2009

Dear All-

Apologies for the difficulties with our services over the weekend.
For reasons that noone can quite explain, the email address (mine!)
associated with openmicroscopy.org.uk disappeared, so we received no
renewal notifications, and couldn't log into Nominet's system to sort
the renewal.  Very frustrating!

As you might predict, this happened just before a holiday, and getting
a response from Nominet wasn't high on their priority list.

All our services are now back to normal.  In you notice anything
strange or unexpected, please do let us know.

Cheers,

Jason

On 10 Apr 2009, at 20:02, Chris Allan wrote:

> Evening,
>
> As some of you are aware, we are currently experiencing issues with
> openmicroscopy.org.uk DNS caused by Nominet not renewing our domain
> registration.
>
> This is affecting services such as:
>
>  * Mailing lists
>  * OME and OMERO Trac
>  * Hudson
>
> We appreciate your patience during this outage and expect to have
> service returned as soon as possible.
>
> As this is during the holiday weekend response has been slow.
>
> Thanks and Happy Easter!
>
> -Chris on behalf of the OME Team

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street