[ome-devel] OMERO Django and Apache

Julian Martin Kunkel julian.kunkel at informatik.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 1 17:12:24 BST 2009

Hi,
yes I read the documentation that it should be required only for that reason,
but instead of modifying the code or digging deeper I installed the lib. Found
that one easier. Also it draws the Pie :-)
I guess its not hard to install the python imaging library on a common
distribution (maybe Windows?). Found ice-3.3 a more limiting requirement
(because it is rather new and was not shipped for instance with Ubuntu/Hardy).
Instead why not make the image lib a common requirement (with workaround i.e.
commenting out if really needed). Maybe you will use the library then to draw
more decent pictures ;-)

Anyway thanks.

Regards,
julian