[ome-devel] OMERO and Ports for Productionsystem

Gernot Stocker gernot.stocker at tugraz.at
Fri Sep 26 14:02:27 BST 2008

Hello OME-Team,
I've sucessfully installed OMERO on our development server (Sparc,
Solaris9, PG 8.1.5) and with the default settings everything is working
fine.

Since we are running several JBoss instances on the same server, it
is absolutely necessary for production installation to change the RMI
ports from 1099 to a different port, say 20099. We do this always
by defining a binding.xml file in jboss-service.xml and specify in the
binding file the ports to override defaults (see attached files).

If I leave the RMI port at 1099 (see bindings.xml) everything works fine.
If I also change the RMI port (see all-ports-changed-bindings.xml) I get
"connection timeout to the default port 1099" exceptions during jboss
startup.

I tried already to change the configuration parameters in the omero
properties files:
  * jndi.properties:  java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1099
  * omero.properties: server.port=1099
  * local.properties: server.port=1099
and running the  "java omero setup-db deploy" command but this didn't
change the behaviour.

Any ideas, where the port 1099 has to be changed additionally in the omero
application?

Thanks,
 Gernot