[ome-devel] Building OmeroCpp

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Sep 19 15:57:27 BST 2008

James Perry writes:
 > Hi,

Hi James.

 > I'm having trouble getting OmeroCpp to build on Linux. I've installed
 > Ice and its dependencies and ccache, have got a complete copy of the
 > 'tools' directory from OMERO, and successfully run 'autogen.sh' in the
 > OmeroCpp directory. However, when I then run 'make' it stops
 > immediately with:

 > [digs at idcn1 OmeroCpp]$ make
 > Fri Sep 19 15:01:29 BST 2008
 > cd src ; make  slice
 > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/digs/tools/OmeroCpp/src'
 > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../target/temp/omero/model/*.h',
 > needed by `slice_generated'.  Stop.
 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/digs/tools/OmeroCpp/src'
 > make: *** [slice] Error 2
 >
 > I wondered if there was another step I had to do before running make,
 > but couldn't find any instructions for this. Any suggestions what
 > might be the problem?

Yes. Lots unfortunately. The entire build system is required to make
OmeroCpp work because of the code generation that goes on (in both the
components/model and components/blitz builds).

If you've followed what's on both:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/BlitzBuild
  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroContributing

then you can get started via the top level ant build:

  cd OMERO_HOME
  ant build-cpp

This will produce the artifacts listed under:

   https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroCpp

I'll review those pages, add some more info, and make sure nothing's
changed for the release next week. It's a good time to be doing that
anyway. Glad to know you're interested.

 > Thanks,
 > James

~Josh.