[ome-devel] Problem uploading files and adding plate, well, well-sample infomration

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 09:56:33 GMT 2008

Dear list!

I've started playing around a little bit with the OMERO server api to upload
images. I'm using the ome.fromat.importer.ImportLibrary and the
OMEROMetadataStore. Uploading files works quite well but when it comes to
adding information about plate, well, wellsample, I run into problems.
First of all, the OMEROMetadataStore.getPlate[Well, WellSample] methods
don't have any effect.
Thus I create the Structures on my own and link the image I get from the
metadatastore to the WellSample with ws.setImage(image). When I try to save
the WellSample, I get an security excpetion:

raceback (innermost last):
  File "simple2.py", line 107, in ?
  File "simple2.py", line 98, in create
  File "simple2.py", line 44, in createPlate
        at
ome.security.basic.OmeroInterceptor.managedEvent(OmeroInterceptor.java:931)
        at
ome.security.basic.OmeroInterceptor.checkManagedDetails(OmeroInterceptor.java:580)
ome.conditions.SecurityViolation: ome.conditions.SecurityViolation: You are
not authorized to change the update event for ome.model.core.Pixels:Id_3060
from ome.model.meta.Event:Id_64341 to ome.model.meta.Event:Id_64338

I've attached my jython scritp which translates almost literally into Java
code when adding the type declarations.

For your information, I don't get this error, when I create the image on my
own (without uploading a file), like this:
im = Image()
im.setName('foo')
im = uploadservice.saveAndReturnObject(im)
ws = WellSample()
ws.setImage(im)
ws = uploadservice.saveAndReturnObject(im)

Does the insight client support the plate, well, sample structure? I could
not see anything in that direction for the dummy images that I've created
this way.

Thanks! Bernhard