[ome-devel] [ SPAM? ] Re: OMERO and Ports for Productionsystem

Gernot Stocker gernot.stocker at tugraz.at
Thu Oct 2 17:37:55 BST 2008

Hi Josh,
I have good news ,-)

On Wednesday 01 October 2008, josh.moore at gmx.de wrote:

> *lol* What would you have liked to read?

Upgrade to Beta 3.1 solved all our port issues with the bindings.xml file on the
server site. On the client side the OMERO.insight.sh is connecting properly after
changing the OMERODS in file config/container.xml, but OMERO.insight.sh is still
connecting to 1099. Any hints for this?

> [...]
>
> Great. Looking forward to hearing how things go.

Are you sure ;-) ? There appeared some troubles with integrating the OMERO
client jars in our project. At the moment we are struggling with the fact, that
there are different versions of the same classes in different omero client jars
which contain different constants e.g.

  org.hibernate.search.annotations.Index (used in the model classes
  model-psql-3.0-Beta3.jar) comes with hibernate-search-3.0.1.GA.jar and
  jbossall-client-4.2.3.GA.jar

Have you also encountered such problems and how do other OMERO- client
developers deal with this problems?

Thanks,
  Gernot