[ome-devel] using blitz

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Nov 19 18:30:17 GMT 2008

Bernhard Voigt writes:
 > Hi Josh!
 >
 > Thanks for your help! You're right, the query was just wrong. Now I
 > get results :-)

That's certainly a relief.

 > After $ ant clean the compilation was successful, too. I didn't start
 > the self-compiled server yet, but at least the files in dist/lib and
 > dist/bin are there as expected.

That too! :)

 > I have another question now - I'm making progress ;-)

No problem. Just what we want.

 > I tried to create plates and wells but I can't add wells to a plate
 > that has been saved already:
 >
 > # create plate.... and save
 > plate = update.saveAndReturnObject(plate)
 > # creat well... add plate link and save
 > well.setPlate(plate)
 > well = update.saveAndReturnObject(well)
 >
 > The last call yields a security exception similar to this one
 > serverExceptionClass = ome.conditions.SecurityViolation
 >     message = You are not authorized to change the update event for
 > ome.model.screen.Plate:Id_55 from ome.model.meta.Event:Id_355 to
 > ome.model.meta.Event:Id_354
 >
 > Changing the order of object creation, ie. creaet wells and then the
 > plate does not work either, I get an error that I can't save a well
 > without a plate reference.

Hmm...could you show me more of what you are trying? There are
certainly complications when dealing with the security details
("plate.details") but you don't seem to be doing that. For reference,
I just ran the following against a Beta3.1 blitz:

import sys
sys.path.append("dist/lib")

import omero
c = omero.client(["--Ice.Config=dist/etc/ice.config"])
s = c.createSession("root","xxx")

p = omero.model.PlateI()
p.name = omero.RString("plate")
p = s.getUpdateService().saveAndReturnObject(p)

w = omero.model.WellI()
w.name = omero.RString("well")
w.setPlate(p)
w = s.getUpdateService().saveAndReturnObject(w)

print w

 > Thanks! Bernhard

Take care,
~Josh