[ome-devel] using blitz

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:23:15 GMT 2008

Hi Josh!

> Yes. You'll need Ice 3.3.0. What OS are you using?

I'm on Kubuntu 8.04 (hardy) which provides Ice-3.2.1 including the c++
lib and language mapping for java and  python. However, python-ice
needs to be compiled manually since the package is linked against
python2.4 but the system ships with 2.5.

I'm still facing almost the same problems after switching to
Ice-3.3.0. BTW, what do I need to install for omero-blitz? I have
ice-cpp, ice-py and ice-java. I only compiled Ice.jar, is this enough
from the ice-java suite?

I can work with OmeroPy withouth the need to change the generated
files, but there are still classes missing e.g the
omero.util.ParametersI class is not there.

Compilation does not work, too. Attached is the output from java omero
build-blitz, I couldn't figure out what the root cause of the errors
is. What do I have to put in the classpath, e.g Ice.jar and the
"berkeley-db".jar used during Ice.jar compilation... what about all
the jars in the omero/lib/repository folder, I guess the problem I
have are missing libraries in the classpath?!

Thanks for help! Bernhard