[ome-devel] About Raw Pixels

seb Sebastien.Huart at curie.fr
Mon Jun 30 16:21:54 BST 2008

Matthias Dunda wrote:

> How "raw" is the data, meaning if I use getPlane(z, c, t), in what order do I get the bytes? Is it always red-green-blue column per column and then row by row? Or is it red-green-blue-alpha?
>
> What does the parameter c mean anyway?

Hi Matthias,

I'm not an OMERO API expert, but I guess the "c"parameter is Channel,
related to the acquisition device channel settings (and not to a R/G/B
/Alpha channel)?
I assume raw means...raw, and not (always) RGB(A) 8 bit/pixel value, but
depends on pixel depth, could be 2 bytes for 16 bits signed/unsigned
short pixel value (Big Endian byte order as the JVM byte order???)...
getPlane should return an array of ImageWidth*ImageHeight*BytesPerPixel
  bytes from plane z, channel c, time t, right?

regards,

sebastien