[ome-devel] Customising OMERO client software

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Jun 11 13:40:50 BST 2008

Woodbridge, Mark R writes:
 > Hi,

Hi Mark.

 > Many thanks for the responses regarding rebuilding the importer. I had a
 > couple of problems with the Ant build (java omero build dist withtools):
 >
 > - The dist/bin directory was missing because changeset 2470 is commented
 > out (fixed by mkdir dist/bin)

Thanks for the catch. Comments removed.

 > - Modifying the readers.txt files in the source tree didn't work - I had
 > to unpack, modify and repack
 > lib/repository/bio-formats-r3935-patched.jar
 > - I had to modify components/tools/python.xml and
 > components/tools/make.xml, setting ICE_HOME to /usr/share rather than
 > /user/share/Ice (Ubuntu 8.04)

Did setting ICE_HOME in your environment not work?

 > In order to add support for SPCImage to the importer I need to modify
 > the bio-formats library... Presumably I can make changes to
 > components/bioformats-omero, and somehow rebuild
 > bio-formats-r3935-patched.jar?

Sure. You should be able to checkout the loci code:

  svn co -r 3935 https://skyking.microscopy.wisc.edu/svn/java

make your edits, and build with:

  ant tools

The newly built jar should be under build/jar/bio-formats.jar. Note:
if you need a version other than 3935, let us know. OMERO won't work
with all version of bio-formats.

 > Thanks again for your help,
 >
 > Mark.

Cheers,