[ome-devel] Latest bioformats.jar and metadata

Nigel Goddard ngoddard at axiope.com
Thu Jan 17 22:57:51 GMT 2008

Hi, we are looking at using bioformats.jar.  Jason told me there is a
new release committed that can export the most up to date OME-XML.  How
do we get access to this?

Also, in the previous version there seemed to be very little metadata in
the core, almost everything was in the format-specific fields.  Has this
changed with the new release?  It's much more useful for cross-vendor
facilities if search can be done over metadata independent of format.

thanks for your help,

Nigel Goddard
Axiope Limited