[ome-devel] Neverending image stats calculation with OME from CVS

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Jan 17 19:08:53 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have been testing OME server from the latest CVS code for the past
few days, and noticed a new problem on my system. After doing a
successful image import, OME spawns another process to compute image
statistics. Unfortunately, this process never ends, and consumes 100%
CPU until I kill it -- actually, even if I do so, it comes back unless
I log out of OME and aggressively kill hungry Apache processes.

The weird thing is that I can view the Image details page just fine,
and the three associated module executions are listed (image import,
image statistics, stack statistics). But the tasks view shows that the
image statistics task is eternally running.

Any ideas? Is there an easier way to reliably instruct OME to
terminate such running processes?

Thanks,
Curtis