[ome-devel] running self compiled omero blitz

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:42:12 GMT 2008

Hi!

I've been struggling a bit to get omero blitz running (version 3.1.1). In
particular to problems appeared:

1. changing the omero.data.dir property in dist/etc/omero.properties has no
effect. I needed to create the /OMERO to get rid of the start up error which
appears in var/log/master.out:
2008-12-05 10:59:51,042 ERROR [                ome.services.blitz.Entry]
(      main) Error on startup.
...... snip .....
SessionFactory' defined in class path resource [ome/services/hibernate.xml]:
Invocation of init method failed;
 nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to initialize:
FullText
.... snip .....
Caused by: org.hibernate.search.SearchException: Cannot write into index
directory: /OMERO/
-----
When do I have to change this configuration property, prior running java
omero setup, bin/omero admin start, bin/omero admin deploy -- or is it
always read in at start up and I shoud be able tochange it any time I like?

2. when I start the blitz server from an account beeing not the owner of the
omero database, I get these warning and errors:

2008-12-05 10:21:34,578 WARN  [ge.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner] (
Timer-1) com.mchange.v2.async.Th
readPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector at 1ac1adf -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!!
Creating emergency threads for un
assigned pending tasks!
2008-12-05 10:21:34,582 WARN  [ge.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner] (
Timer-1) com.mchange.v2.async.Th
readPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector at 1ac1adf -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!!
Complete Status:
... snip ...
2008-12-05 10:21:42,578 INFO  [ng.ShutdownSafeEhcacheManagerFactoryBean]
(      main) Shutting down EHCache CacheManager
2008-12-05 10:21:42,585 ERROR [                ome.services.blitz.Entry]
(      main) Error on startup.
...snip....
nested exception is
org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not
open JDBC Connection for transaction; nested exception is
java.sql.SQLException: An attempt by a client to checkout a Connection has
timed out.

I can login with psql -U omero omero3_1, using any account, though (after I
changed the PostgreSQL client authentication config to 'trust' for
connection from the local machine).

Thanks again for help! Bernhard