[ome-devel] Analysis Chain Methodology

Brian Ruttenberg berutten at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Mar 6 01:17:26 GMT 2007

I have a question about the Analysis Chain methodology employed by OME.

Unless I am missing something, it seems that Analysis Chains can only be
run on data sets.  This is a major stumbling block for us.  We really
want to run chains on single images, since our data sets are large and
the inputs to the chain are variable (it may not be appropriate to have
the same value for every image in the dataset).  Right now I am doing
some ugly tricks to get a chain to run on a single image - which
basically boils down to creating a dummy dataset with one image in it.
Obviously, this is less than ideal.

I'm just curious what the reason was for not having per image chain
support?  And, would anyone know how difficult or time intensive it
would be to modify OME to get it to work on single images?

Thanks!

Brian