[ome-devel] Server crash

cihan cetin cetin at embl.de
Tue Aug 14 10:57:55 BST 2007

Hi Jason, Chris,

Thanks for your answers, you had right, I had X11 tunneling checkedin
the settings of my ssh client, so I just unchecked it and it is working
fine now but I still get the long stack trace complaining about
connection creation: "Could not create connection; - nested throwable:
(org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Apparently wrong driver
class specified for URL: class: org.postgresql.Driver, url:
jdbc:postgresql://localhost/omero3)"

I left default the local.properties file, should I change something
about the jdbc?

Cheers,
Cihan

Chris Allan wrote:

> On 9 Aug 2007, at 09:33, cihan cetin wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>
> Hi Cihan.
>
> I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.
>

>> I imported 16bits tiff images, it was fine, but then in the insight tool
>> I just clicked on one of the pictures and the server crashed
>> immediately.
>> I copy/paste the output of the server.
>
> ...snip...
>
>> X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server
>> shutdown).
>
> That suggests to me that you started the server up with SSH
> X-forwarding. Can you start the server up without X-forwarding by
> SSHing to the system as follows:
>
> ssh -x cihan at server
>
> and see if you get the same result. You can check to see if you have
> X-forwarding enabled by executing the following (after SSHing into the
> system):
>
> echo $DISPLAY
>

>> Thanks,
>
> No problem at all.
>
>> Cihan.
>
> Ciao.
>
> -Chris

Mr. Cihan Cetin

Software Engineer (ENSISA Mulhouse, France)
Pepperkok Group,
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Meyerhofstr. 1
69117 Heidelberg