[ome-devel] Questions about initial development.

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 21:56:59 BST 2006

Hi--

Agreed.  As I said, we are finishing our M3 milestones:

http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Omero
+Releases#id847374

and

http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Shoola3
+Roadmap#id129267

We are off on our dates, a bit, but not by much.  We are now on
internal releases, going through cycles of releases and bug fixing.

We hope to finish about first week of November.  That would be a good
time to add fuller descriptions to the web page.

Cheers,

Jason

On 16 Oct 2006, at 21:29, Ilya Goldberg wrote:

> Hi Guys
> The fact is that we're not sure enough about the details to commit
> to making official pronouncements.
> Anyway, these comments are already posted on the web-site:
> http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2006-October/
> 000789.html
> And Google appears to like our mail archives.
> So this is a good place to start, but we should probably continue
> by making a wiki page about it.
>
> -Ilya
>

> On Oct 10, 2006, at 3:38 PM, Curtis Rueden wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>>> In principle, placing such statements on the OME web site is
>>> fine.  I
>>> would prefer to wait a few more weeks til we have a finished M3 and
>>> can point interested parties towards that, and also have an
>>> articulated strategy for aligning the servers.  However, if there is
>>> reason to do this sooner, that is fine.
>>
>> I would completely agree with you, except for the fact that somehow
>> word of OMERO is already out (i.e., Glenn asked about it -- how many
>> others might have the same questions?). That is why I suggested
>> adding
>> it to the site now, rather than waiting. If you are still against it,
>> that's fine. I just think an explanation (not an announcement)
>> will do
>> more good than harm at this point, because we really want to dispel
>> some of the misunderstandings surrounding OMERO.
>>
>> Just let me know if you want me to put together a page!
>>
>> -Curtis

**************************
MSI/WTB Complex
The University of Dundee