[ome-devel] Questions about initial development.

Glenn Pierce pierce at gci.ac.uk
Thu Oct 5 14:48:30 BST 2006

Hi I am new to OME and have a few questions.

Where I work we have lots of applications that are C/C++ based  and so
one of the tasks  I would need to complete is the creation of
a C library to communicate with the OME server. I assume I would need a
http request library and a c based xml-rpc for
communication and uploading images.
Is there any previously c written code for this?
If not does anyone have any suggestions on things I need to consider.

Also I saw that Omero is replacing the OME data server.
How long before this replaces the existing OME server. Would you
recommend development on that platform ?
I am concerned about developing a lot of work that will be rendered
useless soon.

Finally we deal with a image type called ICS. When importing these
images I wish to pass the metadata out of the images and store it. Can
someone point me to the place in the code that performed the passing of
metadata from an image.

Thanks for any help.

Glenn Pierce