[ome-devel] bootstrap overhead?

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Thu May 18 19:37:16 BST 2006

Mike:

Creation of a new Factory involves going through the database
delegate to connect to the database. I don't know what the overhead
of a database connection is per se, but since it probably requires a
network round-trip, I'd probably avoid this if I could.

What's the context? If you're working with anything under OME::Web,
the Session always keeps the Factory and the Configuration around for
easy access.

harry