[ome-devel] bootstrap overhead?

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu May 18 19:16:01 BST 2006

Anybody know the overhead involved in bootstrapping a new Factory? i.e.:

        my $bootstrap_factory = OME::Factory->new($flags);
        my $dbh = $bootstrap_factory->obtainDBH();
        my $configuration = OME::Configuration->new($bootstrap_factory );

Say I've done this already in a routine, and I'm calling a sub that needs $configuration, is it smarter to pass $configuration, or bootstrap again in the sub?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J. McCaughey, PhD
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics