[ome-devel] Cvs install broken

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Fri May 5 23:42:06 BST 2006

The resolution of this seems to be to include Makefile.in files in
the distribution+CVS.  They are included when doing "make dist" and
are left in place when doing "make distclean".
The installer logic should attempt "make", then "configure" if "make"
failis.  This will make it faster re-running it for one thing.  C
developers are then responsible for running autogen.sh and updating
the resulting Makefile.in(s), configure, and other stuff that remains
after "make distclean".

Or, is this totally stupid?

-Ilya