[ome-devel] OME Google Maps

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Mon Jun 26 15:05:33 BST 2006

Very cool stuff.  Several months back, we had talked about applying
some of the ideas in Google maps to building an OME dataset viewer.
Reverse-engineering Google's implementation would take a bit of work,
but it' shouldn't be intractable - especially given the amount of
attention that's been paid to it. Josiah's shown that hooks back to
OME are very doable.

A display like this combined with web-based versions of some of the
hierarchical navigation and browsing tools that we've been developing
could make for a snazzy OME interface.

That said, the keys questions would be the same: what are the key
tasks for the microscopists, and how can interfaces best support
those tasks...

-harry