[ome-devel] OME and matlab - trouble connecting

debartolomeo at ece.ucsb.edu debartolomeo at ece.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 28 23:30:11 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get Matlab working with ome and am running into problems.

When I try to use the UI to run the analysis chain, I get the following
error in the UI:
"Cannot open a connection to Matlab! at /usr/share/perl/5.8/CGI/Carp.pm
line 314"

But, when I try this from the command line:
ome execute -d "MyDataset" -a "Matlab Test Chain", I get the following
error in the UI:
"ERROR saving pixels to omeis w/ command:
	ome_output_9_PixelsArray_pix =
setPixels(openConnectionOMEIS('http://claw/cgi-bin/omeis'), 686,
ome_output_9_PixelsArray);
>> ??? Invalid MEX-file
'/home/omedev/OME/src/matlab/OMEIS/setPixels.mexglx':
/home/matlab/bin/glnx86/../../sys/os/glnx86/libgcc_s.so.1: version
`GCC_3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)."

Again, running "Histogram Equalization Preprocessing Chain" from the UI, I
get:
"Cannot open a connection to Matlab! at /usr/share/perl/5.8/CGI/Carp.pm
line 314."

But, when I try:
ome execute -d "MyDataset" -a "Histogram Equalization Preprocessing
Chain", I get:
"getROI/getPixels failed for pixels 482. The returned MATLAB array has
dimensions (0, 0, 1, 1, 1) at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/OME/Analysis/Handlers/MatlabHandler.pm line
562,  line 1."

I'm new at this system, so there may be something very fundamental that
I'm not yet understanding, but any suggestions on how to proceed would be
very appreciated.