[ome-devel] OME matlab - mex is not compiling

august august at develop.ment.org
Mon Jul 24 22:23:43 BST 2006

Hey-lo peeps,

I'm trying to make a fresh OME install with matlab on a debian linux
machine.

I've come pretty far,...but stop at the point where the install script
tries to compile some .c files with the "mex" compiler.  It compiles
some of them:
 [
 mex -O -inline -I../../C/omeis-http/ -L../../C/omeis-http  -lcurl
-lhttpOMEISMATLAB newPixels.c
 mex -O -inline -I../../C/omeis-http/ -L../../C/omeis-http  -lcurl
-lhttpOMEISMATLAB pixelsInfo.c
 mex -O -inline -I../../C/omeis-http/ -L../../C/omeis-http  -lcurl
-lhttpOMEISMATLAB finishPixels.c

 mex -O -inline mb_texture.c  CVIPtexture.c mapkit.c mapkit_generic.c
 mex -O -inline mb_Znl.c  complex.c
 ]

but, exits and gives an error when trying to compile this one:
 	mex -O -inline colour_deconvolution.c

the error output start here and then goes on for a while:

 colour_deconvolution.c:7: error: syntax error before '/' token
 colour_deconvolution.c:11:4: invalid digit "8" in octal constant

The main problem seems to be that it doesn't accept c++ style comments,
but the file has tons of "//" type comments in it.

what can I do here, besides editing the colour_deconvolution.c file so
that it is old-skool  C compliant ?

thanks -august.