[ome-devel] [OME] Please Help: Backup failed -- Server Version & pg_dump mismatch.

JieJun Xu jiejun83 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 22:18:21 BST 2006

Hi all,
     Thanks for your previous helps! I am now trying to backup the system
using the "OME backup" command. However, I got the following error:

------------
 OME Backup
------------

    \_ Backing up postgress database ome
su postgres -c '/usr/bin/pg_dump -Fc -o ome > /tmp/omeDB_backup'

Database Backup Failed: pg_dump: server version: 7.4.13; pg_dump version:
7.4.12
Died at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/OME/Util/Data/dbAdmin.pm line 207,
<STDIN> l ine 2.

I think there's an option [- i] to override the check between the version of
pg_dump and the version of PostgreSQL running, but seems the backup command
doesn't support this option directly.  Is that anyway I can pass this option
to the OME backup/restore script? Many thanks!!

Jun