[ome-devel] XSV crash on wildcard item

Isaak Berg isaak at cimaging.net
Fri Dec 8 15:17:18 GMT 2006

I found out that adding both
minOccurs="0"
and
maxOccurs = "unbounded"
to the wildcard declaration in CA.xsd resolves the crash and allows the
processContent="skip" attribute to work as expected, with both xsv
validation and msXML parser. It seems like maybe explicit declarations of
values for both minOccurs and maxOccurs are pre-requisites for using the
processContents directive...

So if you merely update CA.xsd to include both minOccurs and maxOccurs (I
assume 0 and unbounded are acceptable respective values?) in the xsd:any
line, validation by XSV and MSXML6.0 parsers can occur correctly, even with
elements present in the custom attributes for which schema definitions
cannot be found or aren't available.

Hope that helps someone else too, it will help me a lot if this can be done.

Thanks for all your help!