[ome-devel] [ome-users] OME install woes

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Thu Apr 13 17:58:40 BST 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 5:30 PM, august wrote:

>> Good luck with CVS.  I think you'll find it much better.
>

> the workaround is to comment out this line in
> Image/Server.pm will help (around lin 442):
>
>     #$HTTP::Request::Common::DYNAMIC_FILE_UPLOAD = 1;
>
> this will allow me to install everything.  after installation, I went
> back and uncommented it.  I think the problem is only with XML files.
> Perhaps they are too small to send in chunks. dunno.   Maybe it is a
> general setup issue.  (with LWP::UserAgent? )

This is obviously very strange.  Can you provide your version of LWP/
libwww-perl?
We aught to consider switching to a libcurl-based HTTP package -
since that's what we use in C-land.  Don't know if such a beast exists.

> As soon as I get some data on the OME install, I will be able to say.
>
> for now though, I have some success.  You can read my new install
> notes
> here:
>
> 	http://aug.ment.org/ome/ubuntu_install.html
>
> I'd be glad to share them on the ome website... if so desired.

We have a HOWTO section on our web-site for user-contributed docs.
Would that fit in there?  Or we can simply link to yours from there
if you'd rather.
The web-site is also on CVS (OME-WEBSITE), and we would heartily
welcome a patch against that as well if you want to write up an
ubuntu section (or anything else!).

Thanks for your efforts in tracking down the source of this bug!
We should start a bug here for it, since it looks like its affecting
several people:
http://bugs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/

-Ilya