[ome-devel] [ome-users] OME install woes

august august at develop.ment.org
Wed Apr 12 22:30:54 BST 2006

> Good luck with CVS.  I think you'll find it much better.

CVS went a little bit smoother, but I still had the same problem with
the 500 EOF header chunk error.   I'm not exactly sure what the problem
is, but have norrowed down the culprit to be the LWP module for perl.

the workaround is to comment out this line in
Image/Server.pm will help (around lin 442):

    #$HTTP::Request::Common::DYNAMIC_FILE_UPLOAD = 1;

this will allow me to install everything.  after installation, I went
back and uncommented it.  I think the problem is only with XML files.
Perhaps they are too small to send in chunks. dunno.   Maybe it is a
general setup issue.  (with LWP::UserAgent? )

As soon as I get some data on the OME install, I will be able to say.

for now though, I have some success.  You can read my new install notes
here:

	http://aug.ment.org/ome/ubuntu_install.html

I'd be glad to share them on the ome website... if so desired.

	-august.