[ome-devel] ome access with c++

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Fri Sep 23 22:10:00 BST 2005

I think it would help to get some clarification of what parts of OME
you would like to access from c++.
There is a library written by BitPlane to read OME XML from c++:
http://www.embl.de/eamnet/html/downloads.html

Zach Pincus <zpincus at stanford.edu> wrote a c++ library to talk to the
OME data server via XMLRPC.  I haven't tried it, but I think he got it
to a functional state.  I don't know if he's listening in (hello?
Zach?), but maybe you can contact him off-list.

Tomasz wrote a sub-set of the functionality available in OMEIS
accessible from C.  The OMEIS interface is essentially HTTP, so there's
not a lot to do other than call the appropriate methods in libcurl or
libwww.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a library, but I wrote some helper
routines to access the OME data server from Excel using VBA.  This
happens using HTTP requests to issue queries with results being sent
back as flat, tab-separated plain-text tables (which is convenient for
Excel, but probably not what you want).

-Ilya