[ome-devel] ome access with c++

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Fri Sep 23 19:28:07 BST 2005

Gerhard:

Shoola accesses OME data via XML-RPC over HTTP, using the ome-java jar
files on the client side and Perl code on the server side.

Zach Pincus had been talking about trying to write C++ libraries to
grab the data off of XML-RPC, but I don't know how far he got. Another
approach would be to consider using some sort of java-C++ bridge that
would use ome-java to get things off of the server. You could then
translate it over to C++.  I don't know how difficult it would be to
make that work.

Some of us have been kicking around alternate client architectures
which might be based on some sort of a web-services platform, which
would make WSDL/SOAP easy to support - and, presumably, easy to write
clients against. Unfortunately, a full-fledged server implementation
won't be ready any time too soon.

-harry