[ome-devel] OME cvs install, error at Repostitory.ome

august august at develop.ment.org
Wed Nov 2 20:55:25 GMT 2005

> Hi August
> In lieu of exactly what you wanted, how about this work-around:
> perl -MData::Dumper -MStorable -e 'print Dumper(retrieve("/etc/ome-
> install.store"))' > ome-install.eval
>
> This will make a file called ome-install.eval which is human-readable.
> You can edit the values, then re-make the .store file like so:
> perl -MStorable -e 'eval `cat ome-install.eval`; store ($VAR1,"ome-
> install.store")'

awesome.  will try that on another machine where I have OME successfuly
installed.  but, if you never actually do a successful installation, you
can't do that, right?

> > Now, on to my install problem.
>
> Can you give us a bit more info about your installation environment?

> What is the OS and version you're installing on?

I'm on Debian linux.
uname -a
Linux hammer 2.6.12-1-686-smp #1 SMP Tue Sep 6 15:52:07 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

I've already installed it successfully on a very similar machine.

> i.e., are you installing from a freshly updated CVS code-base?

I've tried on 2.4.0 (from stable.tar.gz on the download site) as well as a
fresh CVS code-base...and they all stop at the same error.

> What is the output from:
> perl install.pl -c

root at hammer$ perl install.pl -c
  \_ Term::ReadKey 2.21 [OK].
  \_ Storable 2.12 [OK].
  \_ Carp::Assert 0.17 [OK].
  \_ Compress::Zlib 1.34 [OK].
  \_ DBI 1.48 [OK].
  \_ Digest::MD5 2.33 [OK].
  \_ MD5 [OK].
  \_ MIME::Base64 3.04 [OK].
  \_ Log::Agent 0.306 [OK].
  \_ Time::HiRes 1.59 [OK].
  \_ DBD::Pg 1.41 [OK].
  \_ Test::Harness 2.40 [OK].
  \_ Test::Simple 0.47 [OK].
  \_ HTML::Template 2.6 [OK].
  \_ IPC::Run 0.75 [OK].
  \_ Class::Accessor 0.17 [OK].
  \_ Class::Data::Inheritable 0.02 [OK].
  \_ File::Temp 0.14 [OK].
  \_ Exporter::Lite 0.01 [OK].
  \_ UNIVERSAL::exports 0.03 [OK].
  \_ URI 1.35 [OK].
  \_ HTML::Tagset 3.04 [OK].
  \_ HTML::Parser 3.45 [OK].
  \_ LWP 5.803 [OK].
  \_ XML::NamespaceSupport 1.08 [OK].
  \_ XML::Sax 1.01 [OK].
  \_ XML::LibXML::Common 0.12 [OK].
  \_ XML::LibXML 1.58 [OK].
  \_ XML::Parser 2.34 [OK].
  \_ SOAP::Lite 0.55 [OK].
  \_ XML::LibXSLT 1.57 [OK].
  \_ OLE::Storage_Lite 0.14 [OK].
  \_ Spreadsheet::ParseExcel 0.2603 [OK].
Check passed

> perl install.pl -l
root at hammer$ perl install.pl -l
  \_ libssl 0.9.7 [OK].
  \_ libpng 1.2.8 [OK].
  \_ libjpeg 62 [OK].
  \_ libcurl 7.13.2 [OK].
  \_ libtiff 3.7.2 [OK].
  \_ zlib 1.2.2 [OK].
libdb_B-Tree:  Using #include <db_185.h> for Berkeley DB
  \_ libdb_B-Tree 3 [OK].
  \_ libxml2 2.6.16 [OK].
  \_ libxslt 1.1.12 [OK].
  \_ expat 1.95 [OK].
  \_ bzlib N/A [OK].

Check passed

What is the installer trying to do at that point where it fails?  Is it
failing at parsing the xml data...or failing at trying to upload something
to the OMEIS?  Could that be a firewall-related issue (been looking into
this but can't seem to find anything on this machine that would hinder
uploading over cgi's).  I've also looked into gcc issues, trying to
install with gcc-3.3 and gcc-4.0...but that doesn't matter it seems.

Thanks a lot Ilya!

-august.