[ome-devel] configuration limitation

kristian kvilekval kris at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 11 02:51:33 GMT 2005

I have been able to install 2.4 with the change suggested by
josiah.  Hurrah!

FYI:

I am currently trying to add my changes into the 2.4 release
and have hit a limitation in the table "configuration".

In order to add a new importer to the system, I  needed
to add a line to src/perl2/OME/Install/CoreDatabaseTablesTask.pm
that is the name of the new importer:  in my case
    OME::ImportEngine::FischerExcelFormat

However, installation will fail because the "value" column
of the configuration table is now larger than the
maximum (256  characters).

I changed the "value" column to varchar(2048) in
src/perl2/OME/Configuration/Variable.pm,
but this seemed adhoc at best..

I thought this should be reported as it may bite someone else soon.

--
Kristian Kvilekval,Ph.D.
kris at cs.ucsb.edu  http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kris w:805-893-2526 h:504-9756