[ome-devel] New Branch for DB Updates - Shoola testing.

Andrea Falconi a.falconi at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 14:26:52 BST 2005

Hiya

Sorry for the late replay, I've been in the deep end of the pool for a
while....

Thanks for running the tests :)

Quickies below:

> I had one problem with the test suite:
> It appears that it doesn't disconnect DB handles properly and accumulates
> many postgres processes when running the tests.  I know they are JDBC
> connections from the test-suite, because all the extra postgres processes
> disappear instantly when you terminate the test.  If they were being
> accumulated by the back-end, you would have to terminate apache to see
> that.

Urm, that is *very* puzzling.  During a test session JDBC connections are
acquired through the omeds.db.DBManager which is a singleton maintaining a
*single* connection.  Yes, there's only *one* JDBC connection that is
*shared* among all tests in a session.  Unfortunately, I have no time now to
reproduce/debug.  If somebody can take a look at omeds.db.DBManager that'll
be a big help.  Otherwise, I'll do that if I have some spare time before I
leave....

> I had to run the tests in "batches" to avoid running out of clients.
> ant run '-Dtestset=omeds/tests/pdi/Test*.java'
> ant run '-Dtestset=omeds/tests/img/Test*.java'
> ant run '-Dtestset=omeds/tests/ge/Test*.java'
> ant run '-Dtestset=omeds/tests/chains/Test*.java'
> ant run '-Dtestset=omeds/tests/cgi/Test*.java'
>
> Please say something if that's not all of them!

Yup, that's it !

> There is no category in Bugzilla for OME-SRV-TESTS, so I didn't post this
> bug there.  Can Chris either make a "Testing" category in bugzilla, or
> someone let me know what/where I should post this thing.

I figure the best thing to do is to add a category in bugzilla?

Ciao

andrea