[ome-devel] DB_UPDATE

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Thu Jul 7 16:07:38 BST 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 10:56:09AM -0400, Ilya Goldberg wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2005, at 10:26 AM, Josh Moore wrote:
>
> >Ilya Goldberg wrote:
> >
> >>And at the same time, did something change recently. I'm now missing
> >>the
> >>"path" field on "image_pixels"?? No "version" for the update to Bug.

> >?? Is the path field on image_pixels supposed to be there or not? (and
> >when naturally). What happened? Both DBs (that with and that without)
> >have configuration.db_version = '2.16'.
> >
> >Here's my process:
> >
> >Slightly older database from Chris (nightshade) was updated to the
> >OME_2_4_1_DB_UPDATES branch and _had_ the field.
>
> Well, that would be a mistake since it was supposed to be dropped in
> 2.10.
>

> >This week I installed fresh from HEAD. "cvs up -r
> >OME_2_4_1_DB_UPDATES"'d and ran "perl install.pl". All the other fields
> >(well, at least most) in the previous DB were there. Path was gone.
> >Explicame por favor si posible.
>
> Somewhere along the line the 2.9 upgrade script wasn't run on the DB
> you got from Chris.  You have to get Chris to explicame-you.
> At any rate, the DB you got from HEAD with the applied branch is
> correct.  No more image_pixels.path.
> -I

The following is a 2.4.0 stable box that has only ever updated using
stable packages:

ome=# SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE name = 'db_version';
 var_id | value | configuration_id |    name
--------+-------+------------------+------------
      5 | 2.15  |                1 | db_version
(1 row)

ome=# \d image_pixels
                           Table "public.image_pixels"
       Column        |  Type   |                    Modifiers
---------------------+---------+-------------------------------------------------
 attribute_id        | integer | not null default nextval('attribute_seq'::text)
 repository          | integer |
 pixel_type          | text    |
 size_y              | integer |
 module_execution_id | integer |
 size_z              | integer |
 file_sha1           | text    |
 path                | text    |
 size_t              | integer |
 image_id            | integer | not null
 image_server_id     | bigint  |
 size_x              | integer |
 size_c              | integer |
 bits_per_pixel      | integer |
    "image_pixels_pkey" primary key, btree (attribute_id)
    "ome__index_96" btree (module_execution_id)
    "ome__index_97" btree (image_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "$1" FOREIGN KEY (module_execution_id) REFERENCES module_executions(module_execution_id) DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED
    "$2" FOREIGN KEY (image_id) REFERENCES images(image_id) DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED

You'll notice "path" exists. Ideas?

> > -J.

Ciao.

-Chris