[ome-devel] importer installation

Nico Stuurman nicos at itsa.ucsf.edu
Mon Feb 21 16:18:58 GMT 2005

So I bit the bullet and started working on a BMP importer this weekend.
  It seems straight forward, and I made something that should be getting
close.  I 'installed' the file by calling it 'BMPreader.pm' and adding
it to /Library/Perl/5.8.1/OME/ImportEngine and to add
'OME::ImportEngine::BMPreader' to field 'value' of table
'configuration' (b.t.w., I had to change the type of that field to
'text' from varchar(256), otherwise the addition would not fit).
However, when the importer runs, I get the following in the httpd error
logs:

05/02/21 08:00:42 serve.pl[5561]: Error getting groups via format
OME::ImportEngine::BMPreader: Can't locate object method "new" via
package "OME::ImportEngine::BMPreader" at
/Library/Perl/5.8.1/OME/ImportEngine/ImportEngine.pm line 262.

This happens, even when I copy TIFFreader.pm to BMPreader.pm, showing
that it is not something in the code (there obviously is a 'sub new').
It looks like I am missing a step in the installation of the importer,
but I have no idea what.  Suggestions?

Thanks,

Nico