[ome-devel] Shoola login failure then build error

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Wed Feb 2 08:32:50 GMT 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 06:36:28PM -0800, kristian kvilekval wrote:
> Thanks for the response.   I will try using blackdown java 1.4
> tomorrow.   I will also try in chroot 32 bit environment.

Great, let me know how that goes.

> Still a little confused it SOAP-0.6 is OK or not.  When
> I changed it I thought something might blow up, but I was
> loathe to go outside the package management system.

SOAP::Lite 0.60 is OK, I've been using it for some time without
problems. We just haven't updated the installer script.

> I've installed everything on my system arno.ece.ucsb.edu.
> I believe shoola should be accessing at
>    http://arno.ece.ucsb.edu/shoola
> but I had to hunt around to determine if that was the
> proper URL.

Assuming you're running on the same machine as the server installation,
you can always give http://localhost/shoola a try as well. Though I
suspect name resolution has nothing to do with your problems.

> Thx for the pointers and the clarifications,

No problem.

Which version/package did you download to install the server? CVS?

> kris
>
> The responses you asked for.
>
> $java -version
>
> java version "1.5.0"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-b64)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0-b64, mixed mode)
>
> $ update-alternatives --config java
>
> There are 4 alternatives which provide `java'.
>
>   Selection    Alternative
>       1        /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/java
>       2        /usr/lib/j2sdk1.4-blackdown/bin/java
> *     3        /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/bin/java
>  +    4        /usr/bin/java-sablevm
>
> Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:
> kgk at arno$ update-alternatives --config javac
>
> There are 5 alternatives which provide `javac'.
>
>   Selection    Alternative
>  +    1        /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/javac
>       2        /usr/lib/j2sdk1.4-blackdown/bin/javac
> *     3        /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/bin/javac
>       4        /usr/bin/jikes-sun
>       5        /usr/bin/jikes-classpath
>
> Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:
>

> $m ome-shoola-2.2.1/config/container.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <container>
>    <services>
>      <structuredEntry name="/services/OMEIS" type = "OMEIS">
>        <url>http://somehost/however/not/needed/right/now</url>
>      </structuredEntry>
>      <structuredEntry name="/services/OMEDS" type = "OMEDS">
>        <url>http://arno.ece.ucsb.edu/shoola</url>

Ciao.

-Chris