[ome-devel] Re: [ome-users] HTML Templates

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Mon Aug 8 00:58:16 BST 2005

Hi all
Hopefully this is obvious to everyone, but I want to avoid any
misunderstanding just in case:
We maintain our code repository open to the public, but this is a
"live" code base being used by our developers.  The software on CVS (in
HEAD) is not tested very extensively, and should be considered
experimental.  Eventually we stop developing new functionality and go
into extensive testing and bug-fixing mode which culminates in a stable
release.  Occasionally we make announcements about significant new
functionality in the CVS code base.  The purpose of these is to recruit
people to try new things out (on a development or experimental server -
not in production!) and give us feedback.  In fact doing this is one of
the most valuable ways for people to get involved in OME without being
or becoming OME developers.

To summarize:  Treat the code in CVS-HEAD as experimental.  Its not
meant for general use.  For general use, please use the stable releases
(currently 2.4.0).
Enjoy!
Ilya