[ome-devel] HTML Templates

Arpun Nagaraja arpun at nih.gov
Fri Aug 5 23:05:34 BST 2005

Hello,
    This summer I have been working on a user-friendly interface for
annotating, browsing, and displaying images.  I now have a working copy
of this project, complete with user documentation.  To see the
documentation, go here:

http://users.openmicroscopy.org.uk/~anagaraja/OME-WEBSITE/custom-
annotations

Click on Custom Annotations, and you will see a tutorial on how to use
the interface.

I have committed my code to CVS.  You can access it with a CVS update
and by uncommenting the following lines in the DefaultMenuBuilder.pm
file
(under ~/OME/cvs/OME/src/perl2/OME/Web/ or wherever you have your web
directory).

{
		web_class => undef,
		type => 'heading',
		text => 'Annotation',
	},
	{
		web_class => 'OME::Web::CG_ConstructTemplate',
		type => 'link',
		text => 'Create a Template',
	},
	{
		web_class => 'OME::Web::CG_Annotator',
		type => 'link',
		text => 'Annotate Images',
	},
	{
		web_class => 'OME::Web::CG_Search',
		type => 'link',
		text => 'Search by Annotation',
	},

Before you create any templates, you have to create some directories
with group write permissions for the ome group (so that apache can
write to them).  The default template directory after a fresh checkout
and installation was /OME/html/Templates, so this is probably the
directory that you will be using.  From this directory, do the
following:

[IICBU-2xG4:/OME/html/Templates] arpun% mkdir Browse
[IICBU-2xG4:/OME/html/Templates] arpun% mkdir Browse/CategoryGroup
[IICBU-2xG4:/OME/html/Templates] arpun% mkdir Actions/Annotator
[IICBU-2xG4:/OME/html/Templates] arpun% mkdir
Actions/Annotator/CategoryGroup
[IICBU-2xG4:/OME/html/Templates] arpun% sudo chmod -R g+w .

Now you have all the necessary directories and permissions to create
templates.

One caveat: The template engines work on Mac OS X, but I have not yet
tested it on Linux.  There was a problem installing it on the Linux box
that we have, but I think the problem only applies to this particular
machine.

Feedback is very much appreciated.  Enjoy!

-Arpun