[ome-devel] "unknown format" error

johnkjunk at juno.com johnkjunk at juno.com
Fri Sep 3 18:58:54 BST 2004

When I try to upload an image, to either an existing or new dataset, the task gets the message "Imported 0 images from 0 files. 1 scanned. 1 unknown format, 0 duplicates, 0 errors."

I get this error when trying to import .gif, .png, and .jpg.  /lib has libgif.so, libpng.so and libjpeg.so.

Could there be a perl module that I'm missing?  Installation was almost clean -- error about ome and apache users already existing in the DB.

At first, I thought that this might be a permissions problem.  My experimenter ("ome") uses /home/ome as the upload directory, which I've given public read to.  Files are also public read.  Also added the ome user to apache group and vice versa.

In a 2.2.0 installation, I did see the images appear in /OME/OMEIS/Files, though the import would still fail.  Not even getting that far now.

OME 2.2.1 (also saw this in 2.2.0)
OS: Fedora 2.4